this.loader = new GalleryLoader('gallery.xml', 'gallery', "Landscaping_1");
this.prefetching = 'all';
The goals for this project were three-fold. First, since the home is postioned on a slope, there were
many drainage and water run-off issues to correct. Second, the owners wanted a decorative and functional
walkway to the front entrance. Thirdly, they wanted new, bountiful and low-maintanence flowers and shrubs around the entire home.
New Features & Finished:
- Underground drainage pipe and surface drains were installed to help wick away excess water.
- A brick-paver patio and retaining walls were installed at the rear of the home for an entertaining area
and to remove a low, wet portion of the yard.
- A portico made from cedar was installed to add more presence to the front door.
- As many existing plants and shrubs were re-use in the new landscaping design.
- An abundance of new plant and shrub material were installed in the new landscaping plan. The majority
of these plants are perennials to keep maintenance to a minimum.
- Pathway and column lighting were also added.